Thursday, October 15, 2015

Monster Mash Blitz Day 4: Birthright by Nichol Giles




Two months ago, Abigail Johnson saved the life of the boy she believes is her destiny and defeated an army of demons that have pursued her ancestors for centuries. Now, she and Kye should be taking their place as leaders of the new generation of Gifted. But the curse they thought was broken has returned, and every minute together brings them closer to death. When remaining shadow demons attack again, the Dragons send Abby to Mexico. Being apart from Kye is slowly killing her soul, and it turns out she isn’t any safer here than she was back home. The shadows have tracked her, the locals expect her to help with their own demon problems, and the more time she spends away from Kye, the more she doubts the destiny that ties them together. When the demons destroy her safe house, Abby has no choice but to take the fight to them. But the arrival of an old nemesis throws their careful plans into disarray, and Abby and her friends find themselves facing new adversaries in a battle that turns fatal. This time, not everyone will make it out alive.







Nichole Giles, the author of DESCENDANT, BIRTHRIGHT, and WATER SO DEEP, has lived in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Texas. She is a huge fan of all things paranormal and magical. Her dreams include owning a garden full of fairies, riding a unicorn, and taming the pet dragon she adopted at a recent local ComiCon. His name is Zane. She also loves to spend time with her husband and four children, travel to tropical and exotic destinations, drive in the rain with the convertible top down, and play music at full volume so she can sing along.









Q and A with Author

A lot of authors I have noticed have music as a way to help with their writing. Is this something that you have used as well? If not what are some things you have used?

It depends on the day. When I'm really struggling with a story, sometimes instrumental music that sets the tone of what I'm writing really does help. Same with when I'm writing a love scene. Sometimes love songs help things along. So yes. I do sometimes use music.

Is there a message you would like readers to get out of this book? What is it?


I don't generally try to put "messages" in my stories, but I do think every story has a theme. This one seems to be about finding your own strength and using your inner light to fuel it. 

Connect with the Author Here:
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NicholeGilesAuthor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nicholegiles
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3229176.Nichole_Giles
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Nichole-Giles/e/B00EHLI0T6/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1



13 Random Facts about Nichole Giles

1.       I am the oldest of eleven children: two biological sisters, four biological brothers, and four step-brothers.
2.       I don’t like to read books that don’t involve some kind of romance, kissing scenes included.
3.       I must have lived during the regency period in a past life, because I love corset-style dresses and costumes. For Halloween, I’ll probably dress up, even though my kids won’t.
4.       My favorite ice cream flavor was discontinued over 10 years ago, but I still hold out hope that Ben and Jerry’s will bring back their Island Paradise flavor.
5.       My favorite food in the world is steamed snow crab.
6.       Whenever I struggle with creating or writing, I like to go for a drive with my convertible top down. I’ve even been known to do this with snow flurries in the air.
7.       Nichole’s ultimate dream house: on a white-sand beach, with lots of windows, palm trees in the yard, a huge patio, and within walking distance to a number of friends’ homes. Also near great shopping. It should also have a dedicated library where I can write.
8.       I have a growing collection of fairies. Statues, paintings, etc. And I’ve started picking up mermaids as well. I love to be surrounded by fantastical creatures.
9.       I have four kids. Two boys, two girls, all nearly grown.
10.   When I was in high school in Arizona, my friends and I haunted a local hangout, where I became highly proficient at playing air hockey.
11.   During my junior year, I had the opportunity to go to New York with my choir, where we sang in Carnegie Hall. We also toured the city, largely without supervision.
12.   My favorite candy includes Kookabura licorice and Black Forest gummies. All varieties of both.
13.   I have kissed a stingray, petted a shark, high-fived a sea otter, and hugged a dolphin, but I have never wrestled an alligator or tried to housebreak a lion—and I don’t think I ever will.

Thanks for hanging out with me for thirteen random facts. You can learn more about me and my books at www.nicholegiles.blogspot.com

 Find the Blog Schedule and follow the event on our Official Event Page:  https://www.facebook.com/events/479010522258923/



No comments:

Post a Comment