Saturday, April 25, 2015

Book Tour: Fated by Joanne Kershaw



"No matter the cost, someone must defeat the darkness."



Buy this book here


Twitter @Kershaw_Joanne



-->

Main character casting!!!! Check out the eye candy that the Joanne picked out!





 Marcus
Elora’s quad leader
He has a little bit of a crush on her (okay, a big crush!), but he’s professional enough to not let it interfere while she is his subordinate. He’s a big softy at heart. Marcus is driven by the work, and takes losses personally. His quiet and calm demeanour means that he counterbalances the craziness inside Elora’s head and it allows her to do her job properly.
Plus, he’s hot, which helps!






Clara
Elora’s new quadmate.
Clara is determined to be the best Vanguard she can be. Like Elora, she has familial expectation to live up to, and she has requested a challenging assignment to allow her to do that. She is an open book for Elora, and they have a lot in common.




Patrick
Another of Elora’s new quadmates! Patrick seems to have a lot on his plate and Elora often wonders if there isn’t something else going on. He’s the strong, silent type, but he has the best interests of his team at heart. A real man’s man, Patrick can be counted on to make the tough decisions.






Adamsson

Elora’s new Vanguard Superior. He can’t replace the man she lost in the past, but he does a pretty good job! Of course, it turns out that he has a history with her mother, because which Vanguard doesn’t have a relationship with Nina? Right?



 





Elora looks just like she does on the covers of the books, because no other person can do that now!









Now input those faces as you read this fantastic excerpt! But first, a quick not from the author about the section she picked.


-->
Elora gets a chance to explore her life beyond her friends and family in a new posting in Fated.  Her new commander, Marcus, asks her to share the events in Africa (at the end of Reflected).  This scene was interesting to write for me, to explore the sensations of being trapped in the power that consumed Elora at the end of the previous book. It was also exciting to explore the link between Elora and Zak. Enjoy!

The light. The power. It burns.
Save me! Save her! Siva? Mom?
Falling! Falling!
The arms. The arms that saved me. My eyes scoured the ground for him, for his body. Tendrils of fear squeezed my already exhausted heart and the threatened tears now fell furiously.
Then I realised where he must be.
I ran forward to the edge of the pit where the circle had been formed.
“Zak!” It was more a gasp than a word.
Lying at the bottom in a crumpled heap of blood and cloth was Zak.
“On the Spirits, no!” I couldn’t feel him within me. I pushed aside each person, forced out each voice, searched desperately for his mind.
There was nothing.
“NO!” I gasped as I tore myself from my own thoughts. Marcus rocked away from me, clearly shaken by everything he had seen. It had been mere seconds, such a lot to process in such a short space of time. Zak. All I wanted right here and right now was him. The need was core deep and binding. I leapt to my feet and stumbled as the blood pounded into my over-exhausted skull. Frantic, I looked around, needing to see Zak. Needing to be sure he was safe.




Join our Facebook event here:



April 25

April 26
April 27

April 28

April 29

April 30

May 1

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment