Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Blitz: Second Love in New York City by Keri Brooks McWhorter





Keri Brooks Mcwhorter is a sixth generation native of Chandler, Arizona. She's fourth-generation graduate of Chandler High School, and has a Bachelor's in Psychology from Arizona State University.

While serving a mission for the LDS Church, she met her husband in New York City. They have three children, a love of family, and an English Bulldog.










  
~ Facebook
  




Madelyn's and Ben's families have been close friends since they moved next door to each other. When Madelyn's husband Luke died, she swore she'd keep her marriage vows intact by remaining single for the rest of her life. 

She and Ben relied on each other for everything after he joined the widower club. 

Now Madelyn's daughter is marrying Ben's son, and everyone's going to New York City for the wedding - including Heather, the woman Ben's been dating.

Will Heather succeed in breaking up Madelyn and Ben's friendship, or will they discover their second love in New York City?






Q&A With the Author:

1.     What do you do when you’re not writing?
When I am not writing I am reading, cleaning, hanging out with friends and family or serving at my church. 

2.  What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
   I have such a crazy imagination, I will get an idea or have some crazy dream and I have to stop whatever I am doing in the moment and get in on paper. Yes I always have to write on paper first. 

3.    Do you have any suggestions to help budding authors become better writers? If so, what are they?
My advice to budding authors (myself) is to get in there and get dirty. Go to seminars, take classes, join writing facebook groups, critique groups and go to writing retreats. You will create opportunities for yourself to learn and to meet others. 

4.     Where do you get information and ideas for your books?
I get my ideas from things that I think I would personally be interested in reading about, my weird imagination, my dreams and situations around me strike ideas. 

5.    What do you think makes a good story?
I always love humor in my stories, adventure and of course a little bit of love.


6.    Tell us about your favorite summer vacation? Or what do you like to do in the summer?
Arizona summer times for me mean lot's of movies with air conditioning and popcorn or lot's and lot's of swimming with my kids. 





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 





No comments:

Post a Comment