On a snowy day in the year 889, Emperor Wu of the Han Dynasty had an epiphany: he was not immortal. His jade carver created the most beautiful jade burial suit in history, finishing just three weeks before the Han Emperor died. When the priceless two-thousand-year-old jade burial suit suddenly goes missing in modern Hong Kong, a brutal competition to find it ensues between rival Chinese, Burmese, and Japanese factions. As they battle for the priceless artifact, a psychotic killer with a Maori tattoo on his face surfaces leaving a trail of dismembered corpses strung together like traditional Burmese puppets. Detectives Ian Hamilton and Angela Cheung follow a trail of hacked bodies and terror through contemporary Hong Kong in their search for the killer.
David Harris Lang, a current resident of Hong Kong, has lived and worked in Asia much of his life. Besides being a prolific author of Asian-based thrillers, he is an international architect who brings an indelible sense of place’ to his writing as well as a deep understanding of Asian cultures, locales, and customs. His vivid fight scenes come from a life-long practice of the martial arts. A Devil in Hong Kong is David Lang’s third book.
Connect With the Author Here:
Top Ten List
· Being out in nature hiking.
· Snorkelling in water so clear it is like it is not there.
· Fishing. Don't even have to be catching, I am happy even with a line in the water.
· Cooking with my daughters.
· Wrestling with my dog.
· Writing a chapter and having no idea where the ideas came from, feeling like I am channeling some writing muse.
· Exploring exotic places and ancient architecture.
· Communicating successfully in a language other than my native tongue.
· Slipping a jab.
· Being warm under the covers when it is storming outside.
In my first book, 'The Journal of Rabbi Levy Wang', I envisioned Harrison Ford playing the hero, Harry Cohen.
In 'A Devil In Hong Kong' Liam Neeson would be good for the bad guy, Andy Duggan. He would certainly look scary with a Maori tattoo on his face!
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page