Claudette Melanson writes & edits in Guelph, Ontario, with her husband Ron and four bun babies: Tegan, Pepper, Butters & Beckett. She graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a BA in English and an MA in Literature. She's wished to be a Vampire since age five. She hopes to one day work full time as an author, since there are many, many books living inside her head.
In her spare time she enjoys watching Japanese Anime and reading vampire stories....along with other great fiction. She is also very interested in good health and is an advocate of Ketogenic eating, using whole and natural foods. Her favorite foods are bulletproof coffee, cashew flour crust pizza and treats made with xylitol and almond, coconut or cashew flours.
Future dreams include writing many more books and spending more time with her son Jacob. Her biggest dream is to make Universal Halloween Horror Nights a yearly event with hubby and son. A Rabbit Rescue fanatic, she also hopes to help rescues all over the world save many innocent lives.
Amazon Author Page http://bit.ly/cmamzauthor
Book Gorilla http://www.bookgorilla.com/author/B00IHS7GBI/claudette-melanson
Word Press https://cmelansonauthor.wordpress.com/
Web Site http://www.claudettemelanson.com/
Google Plus https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/104844624163397590666/104844624163397590666/posts
-->Maura finally found the truth she was always seeking…or has she?
After being left in the dark for all of her life, Maura’s father, Maxwell, has finally returned to reveal sinister family secrets Maura could never have dreamed possible—including his revelation that she is one of The Born. But his daughter soon discovers both he and her mother are keeping pieces of her reality hidden, still. As Maura struggles to unravel the mysteries surrounding her new existence and discover every piece of the cryptic puzzle, life appears intent on casting stumbling blocks across her path with every step forward.
Tragedy seems to stalk Maura, and those around her, as she stumbles along, altering the young changeling’s family, just when they have all come back together. The changes left in its wake could be for the better, or may threaten their existence, entirely.
With the arrival of Christmas comes the opportunity for Maura to draw close to everyone she loves—and finally reunite with Ron, the man she loves. But permanence has always eluded her, and in her current state of flux this pattern endures, as fate seems intent on snapping the threads that bind her to those she holds most dear. Maxwell’s good intentions pave a road for Maura, littered with misery, while her mother, Caelyn’s, desire to shield her family from pain may tear her away from them, altogether. The perfect happiness in the young vampire’s grasp is so easily swept away and dragged under, out of reach. Can Maura erupt from the darkness and confusion to break the surface and find the life she’s always dreamed of?
In the midst of chaos, assistance materializes in the form of another of her kind—ephemerally beautiful, yet explosively volatile, this new vampire may prove capable of unlocking the puzzle-box Maxwell seems intent on securing from her sight. Maura will discover the darkest parts of herself in her quest to understand the being she is destined to become. Her newfound friend has some shady intentions of his own—such as thwarting the love that has grown between Maura and Ron. Following in the wake of the impulsive vampire’s misguided instruction may further pull a naive Maura down into the depths of ultimate despair, heartbreak…and even destruction.
My Bunnies…and other bunnies
Halloween – especially Horror Nights at theme parks
Rollercoasters & theme parks
Writing Conferences & Meeting Readers
Traveling somewhere new…or a little familiar
1. What inspired your book? Dreams. I’ve dreamed of Maura for years and then when I started writing her she took up residence inside my head
2. How do you spend your free time? Free time? What’s that, lol? I write every minute I can, since I still have a full-time day job.
3. What is the thing you struggle with the most while writing? And how do you defeat it? Time. I never have enough time to write and the weekends just aren’t enough. It’s torture to want to write when you’re at work all day.
4. When did you first realize you were an author? At about age five. I was writing everything that went on around me and descriptions of the scenery inside my head.
5. If your book was made into a movie, who would play the main character roles? Maura would be played by Alix Elizabeth Gitter, but she’d have to wear dark brown contacts lol. Monica Belluci might be a good pick for Caelyn. For Ron, definitely Keith Longhorn or Michael Hudson.
6. What kind of music do you listen to while you write? All kinds. I like a huge variety and have a song or two for each chapter that makes up a playlist for the book. It’s more dark and not part of the mainstream. I really love Muse and Anberlin
a Rafflecopter giveaway