Thursday, September 3, 2015

Review: The Villain by May Nicole Abbey






Before I give you my review on this seriously AWESOME book, let me give you a bit of info.


Blurb:

A fall and crash
A violent journey through the doorways of time
A villain or hero in the making

Rosemary Mayfield teeters on the brink of ruin. With the murder of her parents she is left the sole guardian of her younger brother and sister. Once a wealthy socialite in New York City, she now finds herself stranded in the untamed wilderness of the American West. When a wounded man comes crashing through her roof, as rough as the savage land, it is against her better judgment to bring him into her home and her heart. But she soon discovers he holds a secret that shatters everything, and she must make a choice, unaware that often destiny hinges on a single moment.

Fresh from an unsavory past and a violent fall, Nicolas Ekkridon awakens to find himself cared for by three orphans ignorant of the role he played in their parents’ untimely death. They accept and embrace him, and a lifetime of hardened barriers begin to crumble. On the precipice between good and evil, only Rosemary and her spirited defiance stands between him and villainy. But time and space are against them. As its weaving tentacles envelop them in an indifferent grasp, they are swept into a shattering series of circumstances that threaten the very makeup of their lives. But when time can be bent, nothing is written in stone.


GRAB YOUR COPY HERE: 

It may appear that this book was written by one lady, but in fact its made by a pair of awesome ladies!

-->
Author Bios:
  
Caroline Gregory and Shawnette Nielson are sisters on a mission. Their goal is to write clean, adventuresome romance stories, full of lovely characters, personal growth, truth, and hope. Although they live miles from each other, and are both busy with the daily needs of their respective families, they carve out time each night to put fingers to keyboard and write.  Their goal? Twenty completed books. Set all over the world and throughout time, they thrill at the freedom that writing time travel offers them. From Georgian society, to Ancient Egypt and the Wild Western, the possibilities are limitless.

Okay, now for my review:
***Note*** I was gifted a copy of this book, but no review was asked for. I give my honest review out of pure enjoyment for this book. Also, it should be noted that I have not read the first 3 books of this series, so my opinion is based on reading this book as a stand alone. 

(I plan to devour the other 3 books as soon as possible!)

This book was awesome! In the beginning a tiny bit of whats about to happen is given away, and I was a tiny bit bummed. BUT once you keep reading, you realize how necessary that was! I was crying so hard at what I thought was the end of the book. I don't like to write spoilers, so I'll just leave it at that. Twists, turns, characters that you think you are going to love or hate remake themselves as you go! A little bit of a beauty and the beast theme, but done in such a way you won't realize it until you are done with the book. A fantastic read! I need to read more by these authors! I highly recommend this book to anyone who prefers to be kept guessing threw the ENTIRE length of the book. An easy 5 star book.

No comments:

Post a Comment